Fall Riding

Fall Riding
Indy & Me trail riding in Howell Twp. - Nov. 2010

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Rainstorm party in the run-In

Friday afternoon is "happy hour" for me. After a long week teaching teenagers, it is a sought after event. "Hello Indy", as I yelled across the field when I arrived at the horse farm. The clouds in the sky looked dreary though, and I could actually feel "rain". He & his girlfriend, Fancy, looked up, and I sensed him say, "How ya doin'? Ya got carrots for us?". For those that don't know Indy, he is a "gavone" and as Mike P. says, "Indy likes to eat!". He lives to eat!

Carrots in hand, and walking towards the field, the sky was just bizarre. Like a painting with puffy clouds above, in different shades of gray. Drip, drop, drip, drop. Could this be a sign to get in his field and get my ass quickly to the run-in shed? As I ran to the run-in, with carrots in hand, Indy & Fancy trotted behind me like I had the Kentucky Derby trophy! With the 2 in the run-in with me munching my carrots, the sky opened up! This was like a Florida rainstorm. Gee, it is loud to hear since the roof of the run-in is a heavy tent material. So, here I was for 15 minutes with 2 horses....what shall we do? Massage and rub them of course! As the rain slowly ceased, Fancy walked out to get her hay....another "gavone' that lives to eat! The photo above, with Indy's tongue a little out, says it all to our "happy hour" trail ride.... "Blah to the rain!".

(Saturday we rode around bareback for "happy hour", and this Sunday afternoon we are going out for a long trail ride)

No comments:

Post a Comment