Fall Riding

Fall Riding
Indy & Me trail riding in Howell Twp. - Nov. 2010

Monday, August 8, 2011

Sleeping at the Horse Show




Indy & I do the CJHA horse show series. I don't know why....haha....but I am a Board member so I figured I'd get involved. We did the Beginner Western for 2 years and the 1st year we ended up Reserve Champions for the year. We can only do beginners for 2 years. We disliked the June and August shows since that division is Noon time and it was always mucho hot. This year, I decided to only do the 8am Halter classes, as well as Showmanship. Hate to say it, but it's a little boring for us. So boring, that yesterday while standing in the ring for Halter and Showmanship, Indy kept falling asleep. Yup! You know like when you were in school and you were so bored, your eyes just couldn't stay open? I have seen him do it in past shows. As the judge would come closer to us, I would have to tap his muzzle to wake him up. We earned a few ribbons and we were done for the day, but we had to stay a few hours longer since our friend Ember & her horse "Tie" had jumper classes to do. (The photo I posted here is from 2010 & he was falling asleep in the photo...haha)

Indy woke up fast when I hosed him down and I walked him over to get lunch at the concession stand. A horse at a concession stand? "C'mon Indy. Be good and I'll buy you a snack". We stood in line, as people looked at us & smiled, like "What?....She has her horse with her." As I ordered my lunch, with Indy sniffing out snack bags, I got a bag of chex mix for him. We walked off and ate lunch....yup together! 30 minutes later I needed another drink. We walked over to the stand again. Someone in front of us opened the cooler that was on the ground where all the bottles & cans of drinks are for sale. She didn't shut the top. I saw a few people in line giggling, and I look down & there is my horse drinking the melted ice (now water) out of the cooler, like it was a trough. Oh my....he may fall asleep at horse show classes, but he sure is a clown & entertains people. All I can say is, it is a pleasure to have such a calm, sweet, silly and non-spooky horse.

No comments:

Post a Comment